Feb 26, 2012

Baby shower & house update

Yesterday we traveled to RBC for my baby shower, it was soooo good to see my church family, even if it was for a short time. They used a polka dot theme (inspired by baby bedding) to decorate. Even the food was 'circle' foods :) I must give credit (and thanks!) to Rachel for taking these shower pictures.

Many thanks to my friends for all their work at planning and decorating! I was surprised by how many came to celebrate with us, we were blessed by their generosity! I can't wait to take baby to meet them (hopefully in May, but depends on when he decides to arrive!)












Love all the details that made it personal to BBB (baby boy Berridge!)




Our 11 hour day was productive! I actually feel like I'm preparing now. Because of the generosity of friends, we came home with a crib, changing table, the shower gifts, and a stroller (and other things!)


Today, Aaron and his brothers worked on the house! yay, for sunshine! There are two windows in the living room that still need installed. As you can see, that side of the house requires more than a ladder or back of a truck to do the job. Here Aaron is preparing this side for insulation (which he finished today) and perhaps this week the windows will go in. Weather/machinery permitting.



The 7 foot window mentioned in the last post, came in..... and was not broken! Aaron picked it up and they installed it after dark one night.





Back to Baby.... Every two weeks Aaron takes my picture after church, here is baby boy at 33 weeks. His expected arrival is less than 7 weeks away!



After church, but before he went to work on the house, Aaron put the crib together! I wanted to get all the gifts organized and put away today, and I did. I still have to wash things up, and organize a bit better, but the crib and baby things are in our bedroom now and not taking up my in-laws living space! My goal for the next two weeks is to finish organizing, buying the remaining necessities(i don't have any diapers yet!) and getting thank yous in the mail. That will leave me with a month to relax.... or not :) I'll probably spend that time at the house and making decisions before the baby completely sleep deprives me and steals any remaining brain cells.








1 comment:

Rachel said...

It's so funny to see the crib I (and all my siblings!) slept in at your house! :)