Oct 30, 2006

The Power & Patience

Saturday I was able to go to the farm after work and I arrived to find the power was off. The winds had knocked over some trees in the area and so we tried to be patient hoping it would come back on. Because we were having a friend over, and because we just really wanted it back on, we girls prayed. Our prayer was answered 13 hours later, not in time for company, but thankfully in time for church Sunday. Although it was short this weekend, it was great to get home and spend time with family and friends. One of the reasons of my trip home was for a family picture. Our local volunteer fire dept. was taking family pictures for a fundraiser. When we got home the boys weren't too thrilled I wanted them to smile again for this picture of us.
I'll post this quick before I lose this again because a few minutes ago the power went out here long enough to shut the computer down.

No comments: