It's hard to know what to pray for and how to pray sometimes. Romans 8:26 says
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
I've been researching a little, praying, thinking, asking people what direction I should take next summer. I've been waiting to hear back from someone about a mission trip and it's been over a month. Although this opportunity is something I want to do, more than that I want it to be the Lord's will and if he shuts the door then I'll be fine with that too. It's just hard to wait when you're given a time table and it keeps getting delayed. Patience is hard sometimes. A year or so ago I was struggling with patience and memorized this verse and was again reminded over the weekend that Lamentations 3:25 says The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. And Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Although I like to spend time at home, I was glad I came back in time for our Ladies Bible study and church Sunday night. It's so wonderful to have friends and church family's encouragement. We recently started reading the list of Southern Baptist missionary birthdays for the week and praying for them. We really don't know what all our missionaries, especially foreign missionaries, go through. How do we really pray for them specifically?
HOW TO PRAY FOR INTERNATIONAL MISSIONARIES
1 - Pray that missionaries will love God with all their hearts, souls and minds, and will love all others as themselves.
2 - Pray for protection from the evil one and for good health.
3 - Pray for wisdom and attentive spirits to God’s direction and leadership.
4 - Pray that missionaries will deny themselves and follow Jesus anywhere.
5 - Pray for moral purity in thought, sight, word and action.
6 - Pray that missionaries will have courage, boldness, and strength in the Lord. Pray that they will have favor with local governments.
7 - Pray that family relationships will be filled with love, respect, and honor. Pray that single missionaries will find strong relationships to strengthen their walk with the Lord.
8 - Pray that the gospel will spread rapidly throughout the people group the missionaries are working to reach.
9 - Pray that relationships with missionary colleagues and local believers will reflect Christ.
10 - Pray for daily needs to be met: safe drinking water, nutritious food, housing and transportation.
11 - Pray for the building up of strong prayer networks among local and stateside partners. Pray for good connections from stateside churches.
Beth Moore, Voices of the Faithful; (2005)
No comments:
Post a Comment