Last Thursday after school, Aaron's two co-workers brought the lower cabinets (made by Wayne, the guy in the far background)
Also last week, the house got painted. The man we hired to finish drywall and paint has cancer and was unable to finish the job, so his son came and did it. While it didn't get completed as nicely as if he himself would have done it, it got done saving us time. It's hard to see most of the colors (light yellow, light gray, light blue), but this office you can see the color, it's Tranquil Aqua.
So last week, we cleaned windows for the first time since they were installed......sometime last winter! As you can see, they were a little bit dirty. They'll need cleaned again, but we got the first layers of 'construction gunk' off of them.
Ethan doesn't nap a lot, and lately hasn't been sleeping in. I found the trick is laying him on our feather pillow and he calms down and drifts off. Of course that means we have to be there watching him but at least he's getting some rest.
I forgot these pictures above, here's the one side of cabinets, our dishwasher will be in the left hole, the stove in the right hole. My sink in front of the window.
Opposite of the stove (which is the left side of the picture below) is the frig (the open space on the right between the wall and cabinets). I was happy to get to design the cabinets to my liking... so I chose huge drawers instead of regular cabinet space for two of the 36 inch sections. Cabinet hardware is not cheap, especially for the bigger pieces which i needed for those big drawers. But once again Menards has pleased me! When we went to order our countertop, we saw their long handles (16 inches i think) clearanced out. Normally priced at $28 for one, I got 6 for only $15! I got some of my other hardware on similar deals.Beyond the doorway is the laundry room, with an exit to the porch and an entrance to the master bath (which you can't see).On Sunday we skipped church so we could drive to my parents house to see my great uncle for the last time. We grew up next door to him, so he was just as close to us as our grandpa was (his brother). He was diagnosed with terminal cancer less than 2 weeks ago and his health declined rapidly and he passed on Tuesday. We enjoyed the nice weather with my parents for a short time too, then headed back to Jackson so we could work on the house.
Aaron and I put down vinyl flooring in the upstairs bath, since then the vanity is moved in ready to put in, and vanity light in.
Yesterday Aaron took off work because we had the phone company coming to dig the line and we had tons to do get ready for carpeting upstairs. Well, the phone company didn't show, and after I called said there were outages in our area that were priority. But regardless we had a productive day working 12 hours. Aaron got 4 ceiling fans in, the rest of the lights, I repainted the living room, repainted all the baseboards and trim in the upstairs. I painted all the trim/baseboards and had them stacked in the basement. Over the months/weeks they have been stacked, they stuck together, ripping off some of the finish. Add on top of that all the nail holes i filled, they looked pretty bad! So at 10pm last night i finished painting . I dread the painting for all the downstairs trim, it's 3 times the sze of the upstairs! Here's the spare room, fan in, trim in, ready for carpet! The room is painted light gray, and the carpet is gray too (it's coming today!)
Our master bedroom is painted the lightest of blues, and Aaron showing off his working fan lights he finished yesterday.
My brother in law got the slate tile down in front of the front door, it's ready to grout now.
Ethan got his 6 month shots on tuesday. He has been a little cranky since. But this AM I managed a few minutes of happy time to get these. His typical face these days, feeling teeth with his tongue.
And he's sitting up too! Mostly, he's still a bit wobbly... he fell over a couple times during our shoot :)
Once my mother in law is back from errands, i'll be heading over to the house to work on painting doors. Carpet is coming at 3, so I'll take pictures and post soon!






1 comment:
WOW! I can't believe how much y'all have gotten done since the last post and that was only about a week and a half ago!!! Looks REALLY nice.
Post a Comment