Oct 15, 2012

6 months old! and house update

 Oct 10th was our anniversary of sorts, 2 years since our first date.  I've been so caught up in house stuff, I forgot.  Aaron reminded me the next day.  I was at the house taking these pictures on the 10th, so I have proof I was busy!   It's hard to see in these pictures but the ceiling is done and drywall mud done.  They finished sanding today actually and tomorrow primer!  By weeks end, hopefully all the walls will have color! The man we hired to do our drywall finishing and painting is very sick with cancer.  We didn't know it when we hired him and wouldn't have guessed it by watching him work. 

  Since these photos, I put in the recessed lights and Aaron wired up the switches. It's 11pm and Aaron just got in from working on more electrical, almost all the switches are working now.
 In the above picture, the window you see is my kitchen sink window.  And hopefully by weeks end there will be cabinets there!  Thursday night is install night! 
 most the door frames are in now and doors are off and in the basement waiting to be painted.  I have some painted with the first coat but it's definately going to take two coats on every door, and there are 12 doors, plus 3 sets of bi-folds that need it too.

Yesterday Ethan turned 6 months old!  He cut his 2nd tooth on Saturday.  Weighs approx. 18 lbs.  Loves to roll. Has become a belly sleeper in the past week.  And must be in a growth spurt as he's getting up to eat 2 to 3 times a night.   What happened to sleeping through the night like he did in July?  I don't know!  He got his second hair cut, losing over an inch on top.  Now you can really see the blonde highlights coming in!


 Took these sometime last week....   before the haircut!

 OSU bibs too big but once I got him in them, I thought I might as well take pictures.  These belonged to my oldest nephew who's 12!  



Bear with me during the next few weeks of blogging, I'll try to update often but it will be like this post..... scatter brained, non-proofed and random!

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

LOVE IT! I'm sooo excited for your house progress I feel like screaming and jumping up and down! Z and Gramma might wonder about me though so I'll just wait until we're outside playing and scream more then. YAY!!!! Real progress. I don't mind scatter brained, non-proofed and random (I can relate!). As long as you keep updating us and posting pictures of E and house its ALL good! :D

emily o. said...

Love the updates!