Jun 12, 2008

My bedroom

For two months I lived in an unorganized, colorless bedroom until I finally came up with a new layout and new paint colors. I also decided to do stripes on one wall. So last Saturday I began taping...and taping. I tried 3 different methods before I found one that worked for me and eventually I did get it done. The wall is painted a light creamy yellow (known as Tea Light at Sherwin Williams). I was very thankful that my math was correct and the stripes came out how they were suppose too.

Opposite the striped wall is a solid green wall, and the other two are Tea Light.

Although by putting my bed centered on a wall (I was tired of it in a corner where making it was a pain), i lost floor space, I still have room to scrapbook.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

the stripes turned out awesome!!!!

Laura said...

Move over Martha, here comes Shelli. You've got a great eye for design. The room looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I'm impressed with the striped wall in particular and the patience it took to acheive such perfect stripes. We have almost that same bedspread, except in green and lavendar. Cute idea to hang the baskets on the wall too!

Shelli said...

Brooke has the green & lavendar one too. I had no home for those baskets so it seemed like a good idea, since then i've added several more that i brought back from my bedroom at mom's. Stripes are a good patience exercise for sure (: