May 27, 2008

farm activities


boys playing frisbee... karter still trying to get the hang of it
Mom looking good
Rambo loves to fish, he's licking his chops
catch & release
The next few are just random shots using my zoom lens
cute calf but don't let him fool you... he's in more pictures to follow




I grew up on this farm with cows, yet I hate them more every year. This is due to the fact that now my dad tags the calves when they're born and also turns the little guys into steers which requires wrestling them to the ground. And protective mothers don't like it. I prefer not to be charged and therefore have never participated in this 'activity'. Normally dad does the job himself unless the mother gives him trouble and then he waits until my brother can help. That calf earlier in the post is this calf running away from my brother and dad. I stayed far away, thanks to the zoom lens, and watched them zigzag the field several times.

there's our bull (below)... he's another reason for my hatred... he has given my dad and brother a run before tooafter much running, my dad and brother were tired, but boy calf and his mother were not... I was tired of waiting for some action so I also left the field. Dad got the tractor and finally got the calf and momma separated to where my brother could grab the squirt.

sorry about the tree branches

stills just don't do justice. above, dad has jumped off and is jogging to assist my brother and protect my brother from momma (which has run to the calf and appears to be shoulder to shoulder with my brother)

dad just keeping momma away so my brother can finish the job

No comments: