Nov 6, 2006

Hives & the potty update

I don't know how mothers do it! I have more appreciation of all our mothers do since I've been a stay-at-home aunt. One little example: Last night Karter fell asleep at around 8pm. Thinking he'd sleep the night through, his mom didn't wake him up. She was actually studying for a big test she has today and so needed the quiet. Trying to get into a normal routine of getting to bed at a decent time and getting up earlier, I decided to go to bed at 11. I was awakened a short time later because Karter was crying. His mom was still studying and needing to get some sleep. Karter has had hives this weekend due to taking medication and the poor little guy was plastered in them again last night. He was hungry, crying, in pain but NOT tired. He was wide awake. At 2:34am I finally put him in bed and I got back to bed. Then he was back up at 8. I need 8 hours of sleep and I didn't get that last night. With several children I can see why moms are sleep deprived (: It shouldn't, but I think often it takes becoming a mom to realize how much our moms sacrificed for us. (And still do!)

We made some huge progress in the potty training the past few days. Karter finally went #2 in the potty for the first time last Friday and as promised I bought him a new train. Over the summer I told him the first time he went, I'd buy him one and although it took a couple months to finally happen, I kept my word. He went right before I left for work so he had to wait until I got off work and went shopping. He was waiting for me at the door when I got home and could hardly wait to get that train. He acted like it was food and he hadn't eaten in a week. He kept thanking me for it and we kept reminding him why he received it. He has since done pretty good although he still would prefer to not go in the potty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Aunt Shelli!!! - this mommy does appreciate you even though it may not seem that way!