I've been tagged. Couldn't the questions be about something other than reading? I've read a number of other blogs and their answers to being tagged and well, I'm a little ashamed of my lack of reading. I know there are really no excuses, but I'll give them anyways. I do very well at talking, rambling that is, so I will let it all go and give you the excuses.... this is for Patty. (: It will give her something to read for about 5 minutes of one day during her bed rest!
I think I can come up with 9 answers, my goal, 9 DIFFERENT answers to these questions. It would be easier to come up with 9 excuses as to why I don't read. For example: I've spent the past 2 years & 10 months living with my sister and nephew. I need QUIET to read and concentrate = only one completed book in that time. I have started about 5 others, but never finished so I've given up on reading. (: That takes me back to the 4.5 years prior that I spent in college..... the only reading I did then was probably textbooks, I know for a fact that I didn't get much of those read either. I doubt I read for pleasure, if I did, sadly I don't remember! That takes us back to my highschool years where I did read for fun, but that was just for fun, nothing deep, enlightening or spiritual. Some Janette Oke books my mom bought me and that sort of thing. And before that I was a kid, I lived in the country, on a farm, there were salamanders to catch, chores to do... you get the point, I didn't read then either. Alright time to admit my reading deficiency.
1. One book that changed your life: the Bible
2. One book that you've read more than once: umm... I don't know... oooh, maybe the Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson because it's short so I probably was able to concentrate long enough to read it through several times! (:
3. One book I'd want on a desert island: I kissed dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris (ha ha)
4. One book that made me laugh: No clue, but you know what books I really liked reading in highschool... the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke (and they have the first 3 books made into movies.... yeah!)
5. One book that made me cry: Revolution in World Missions by K.P. Yohannan
6. One book that you wish you had written: the book of Ruth, I guess the real author is unknown but what a story! Where is my Boaz... I'm waiting!!! Guess I need to head to the harvest, or strawberry patch (o;
7. One book you wish had never been written: any chemistry or science book really, i like some science and the labs were okay but the text books put me to sleep in about 30 seconds
8. One book that you are currently reading: I've been currently reading it since March and am only on chapter 2. Captured by Grace by David Jeremiah
9. One book that you've been meaning to read: those are too numerous to list! Maybe I can get Patty to read some for me in the next few months and then just tell me about them. (:
I think about everybody I know that blogs has already been tagged! Sorry this is all one paragraph but my blogging expertise is limited and even when it looked all spaced out in the draft it never looks the same in the post. Oh well.
I think I can come up with 9 answers, my goal, 9 DIFFERENT answers to these questions. It would be easier to come up with 9 excuses as to why I don't read. For example: I've spent the past 2 years & 10 months living with my sister and nephew. I need QUIET to read and concentrate = only one completed book in that time. I have started about 5 others, but never finished so I've given up on reading. (: That takes me back to the 4.5 years prior that I spent in college..... the only reading I did then was probably textbooks, I know for a fact that I didn't get much of those read either. I doubt I read for pleasure, if I did, sadly I don't remember! That takes us back to my highschool years where I did read for fun, but that was just for fun, nothing deep, enlightening or spiritual. Some Janette Oke books my mom bought me and that sort of thing. And before that I was a kid, I lived in the country, on a farm, there were salamanders to catch, chores to do... you get the point, I didn't read then either. Alright time to admit my reading deficiency.
1. One book that changed your life: the Bible
2. One book that you've read more than once: umm... I don't know... oooh, maybe the Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson because it's short so I probably was able to concentrate long enough to read it through several times! (:
3. One book I'd want on a desert island: I kissed dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris (ha ha)
4. One book that made me laugh: No clue, but you know what books I really liked reading in highschool... the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke (and they have the first 3 books made into movies.... yeah!)
5. One book that made me cry: Revolution in World Missions by K.P. Yohannan
6. One book that you wish you had written: the book of Ruth, I guess the real author is unknown but what a story! Where is my Boaz... I'm waiting!!! Guess I need to head to the harvest, or strawberry patch (o;
7. One book you wish had never been written: any chemistry or science book really, i like some science and the labs were okay but the text books put me to sleep in about 30 seconds
8. One book that you are currently reading: I've been currently reading it since March and am only on chapter 2. Captured by Grace by David Jeremiah
9. One book that you've been meaning to read: those are too numerous to list! Maybe I can get Patty to read some for me in the next few months and then just tell me about them. (:
I think about everybody I know that blogs has already been tagged! Sorry this is all one paragraph but my blogging expertise is limited and even when it looked all spaced out in the draft it never looks the same in the post. Oh well.
1 comment:
Yeah Shelli! Sorry I tagged you, you and Brian were the last ones I could think that had not been tagged. :) Remember those chain letters people tried to do in high school..this brought back not so fond memories of those! ~Meredith
Post a Comment