
Ever have one of those days that you hear good news all day long! ? It doesn't happen too often!Yesterday was one of those days!
August 16th, 2000, my nephew entered the world. I thought for sure it would be a girl.
August 16, 2006, Baby Groff entered the world. I thought for sure it was a boy. Wrong again. (: Congrats to them!
Also yesterday I got some good news from my mom regarding a family situation AND she was able to talk to a cousin with cancer and this cousin says she is a Believer! A year ago this woman believed her good works would be enough. We've prayed for her, witnessed to her in different ways and others have too. She's coming to the end of her battle and it's wonderful to know she'll be spending eternity with our Creator. Then, I received an email from a man who is helping me plan a mission trip. I don't know the details yet, but I hope to learn soon and be able to share of a mission opportunity for my brother, nephew and I.
My day got even better at 4pm when I called into work and found out I didn't have to go in! yippee! Yes, I have been concerned about not getting to work much since money doesn't grow on trees. But on Tuesday when I found out Wee (a Thai friend) was going to be speaking at church, I really wanted to go. When I have to work on Wednesdays I dont complain because I need the work but this was a one-time 'show' that I really wanted to hear!! I played phone tag all day and finally the only option was to be on-call. I didn't have to work and went to church. It was great to see Wee, pictured on the far left above. He was one of five Thai's that translated for us back in January. He's spending the summer at Camp Tejas (near Austin, Texas) and came to visit the Ohio Thailand team for a few days. We are truly blessed here in the US! Wow, I'm blessed and sometimes it takes hearing a testimony like Wee's to remind me. If you weren't there, you missed a blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment