Jun 3, 2006

Memorial pictures

You can tell when the whole crew is home by the full lot.... two cars, one van, one truck, two tractors and the only one missing here is the John Deere tractor. Although blurry, I thought this picture of Karter using binoculars was cool... we were out on the deck at dusk looking for deer.
aw...summer! Bare feet and popsicles... the life of a kid
I hadn't been out looking for arrowheads in probably years and the last several times home this spring I didn't have time. Monday afternoon I took my 5 year old nephew and walked out to the corn field. Since the corn was only up a few inches and the rains had washed the top layer of dirt off any flint or rock, it was perfect for spotting arrowheads. I think my search only lasted 20 minutes because it was so hot my nephew wanted to go home, but it was successful. Not perfect but considering the years these have been farmed on (and who knows the story behind these artifacts), I was impressed. The one on the right was a couple inches in height.

No comments: