Mar 18, 2012

Friday my grandma passed away at the age of 94. She's pictured here in pink, along with my other grandma at our wedding last June. It was decided that it was best I not travel for the funeral- the trip is over 3 hours and I have just 26 days until Baby Berridge's due date.



I'm keeping busy though, and so are the guys, work began earlier this week on the porch. The weather has been great and they made progress yesterday and today!





Storms went around us most the afternoon, we did get some rain but it wasn't enough to stop the work.

The front door has been begging to be painted. For me, a white front door was too boring. I know it will get knocked and scratched in the coming months with all the construction but I wanted to get the first coats on it now, while I have more time, and to give me something to do. My sweet husband told me to paint it what ever color I wanted (he discouraged neon colors). I narrowed it down to a few shades and then we decided together which one we liked best. With the weather so nice, and being an exterior door, I had the perfect opportunity today (and proper ventilation) to paint.



And here's the after.... the color that makes me happy! (Grand Canal- Sherwin Williams)
I am not a pet lover, I'm a pet tolerater. However, I did help my brother-in-laws pick this pup out last October. Lately, he's been following me around more than usual and I can't help but think he knows he has a little friend coming. Whenever I drive over to the house, he's soon to follow. He's on my heels all the time! Today, it reminded me of the song "You've got a friend in me"..... literally! The dog and this boy will be great friends in a couple years I'm sure.




1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. You were very blessed to have her with y'all for soo long.
The front door color is fabulous!