Sep 16, 2011

The beam is up

Two Sunday's ago the whole Berridge family helped build the main support beam that stretches across the basement of the house. Then it rained... for a week, and it wasn't until the next Sunday (Sept 11), that the guys were finally able to get it in place. Here the guys were doing some measuring before they cut the beam to fit.






I love the view from our house.... the skies are always pretty, no city skylines, fields, woods....

I really wanted to see the beam go in place..... it required Aaron's two brothers to 'play' on big equipment and put the beam in place.. however, I was soooooooooooo hungry (borderline nauseated- it was dinner time anyways :) ) that I left to go get something to eat, I was gone 20 minutes and when i came back............ it was done. Sigh. Here's the beam in place.





oops, sorry about this next one. too lazy to change it :)




No comments: