Feb 14, 2011

How We came to be

Since it's Valentine's Day, I decided to share the story of how Aaron and I came to be.

How'd we meet?
Last summer, July 9th to be exact, I received an email from a friend asking if I was "Seeing anyone?" I had been on her mind lately, but I wasn't the only one she had on her mind. Another friend of hers, Aaron, was on her mind too. To a make a long story short, I gave her permission to introduce me (through facebook) to Aaron. After viewing my facebook page, he sent me the message on July 21st. "Hi. Seems we have a mutual friend who though we might have something in common. Interested in seeing if that's true?"

The rest is history :) We began chatting on facebook and talked for 10 weeks before we met in person. 12 weeks later we were engaged, and now in 4 months we'll be married. Aaron is 31 and I'll be just shy of 30 when we get married in June.

Now to the proposal. After discussing marriage, we decided we wanted to go together to pick out the ring. We actually picked them up together too, on January 21st. My mom was in town for a few days, so she watched Karter while we went out to dinner. Then later in the evening, Aaron proposed, no surprise to me. :) At this point, we already had secured a date on the church calendar and it was just a matter of getting the ring so I could tell my friends and family. A small part of the proposal included the following artwork.

In November, some of Aaron's students created this first picture on his computer. We both thought it was creative, and I replied to those students with my own creation ...

















I had a feeling he was going to include his students artwork in the proposal, so I printed off my artwork and had it in my pocket. So, when he asked, I took out this paper and replied yes!

4 comments:

bauerpower said...

cute!!

The Mrs. said...

Thanks for sharing! He must talk about you an awful lot in class if his students produced that masterpiece for him.... Hmmm???? I think I need to see this purple dress and green shoes though! ;)

Shelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelli said...

He has a picture of us on his desk... which has started a few conversations. In that photo, i was wearing a purple tee and he was wearing a hat and red shirt.... so that's where the outfits came from. I do not own shoes that bright :)