Feb 19, 2010

Keeping occupied in winter

Last summer I started purchasing fabrics for a quilt. My grandma will actually do the quilting, after I have it all put together. By December I had found all the fabrics I needed and so this month as the snow fell I started ironing, measuring and cutting. Now I just need to start sewing.

Friday is my day to home school Karter. Today we worked on memorizing two verses, piano (keyboard really), and a short photography lesson (during which this picture was born). He took the profile picture currently on this site.

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Good job Karter. Maybe you should teach him sewing next??? It's a useful skill for everybody and it'd help ya out a bit with all that fabric!!!

Shelli said...

actually, in December I finished sewing together a quilt mom wanted and karter helped a lot. he liked pushing the pedal and we had quite a system going. i will teach him how to sew on a button...eventually