Jul 11, 2007

Psalm 42:1

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
In order to beat the heat (& storms) yesterday, I got up early to walk or ride. I usually don't go biking by myself when I have to be back at a certain time, in case I'm miles from home and break down. But yesterday I took my sister's cell phone with me and so decided to ride. A couple miles down the bike trail there is a small wooded area and I came upon a doe and her little twin fawns. They froze, as did I, and I got to enjoy them for a few seconds. The first thing I thought of was this verse (and song) and it was a wonderful way to start the day. The second thing...I should have brought my camera. But had I brought it and tried to reach for it, they would have showed me their whitetails sooner than they did.

No comments: