May 1, 2007

In the nick of time

WARNING: Graphic Images (:
If you have a really weak stomach, these pictures may not be for you. Otherwise you may find it cool! Karter and I seem to think so (: Last Thursday we went to the farm and on the way home I asked Karter what he'd like to do once we got there. His response: drive tractor, see cows, eat dinner and check calves

We weren't there long before he asked Grandpa to take him to see the cows and so they went off to the field and found this: something looks out of place?!? and cramped!

Once I found out there was trouble, I decided to go along with them and take my camera... she hadn't made much progress and had stopped pushing so Dad decided to help.



Dad pulling hard and her pushing again.



Congrats, it's a big boy!

He was quite exhausted and had a swollen tongue from the circulation being cut off (notice it in the first picture) but once mom got up she cleaned him and 3 hours later when we checked on them he was doing great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what kind of questions did Karter ask?
Laura Cloud

Shelli said...

None actually! Thankfully (: He just told everyone that Grandpa pulled a calf out of the hole!

Judy said...

Those are awesome! What an experience for all.

Brian Snyder said...

I always wanted to live on a farm growing up!!! ~Meredith