Nov 15, 2006
In love and moving
Yes, you read right. But before you get too excited (most of you know me pretty well and know this is unlikely), this isn't about me. It's about the rut and if you grew up with deer hunters in the family then you know this is the best time to be hunting. These bucks are on the move and hopefully you've only shot one and haven't got one with your car. Last night coming home from work at 9:30pm some cars stopped just ahead of me and I wondered if maybe it was a deer and as I got closer I saw some car pull off the road and a couple men got out and dragged a buck off the road. As I passed I noticed the buck was a nice one. I'm thankful, very thankful, that this buck didn't jump out in front of me. I can't afford car repairs, and I don't have a cell phone, (although where this happen I was just a mile from home, but that may not always be the case). Plus, just because you hit a deer, doesn't mean it's dead. Of course if it's tongue is hanging out and blood coming out of his nose, then I guess he's a goner? But what if the deer is just stunned and you go to grab his rack and pull him off the road like these guys did last night, and what if that deer comes to and attacks you. Between those antlers and hooves, he could leave a nasty or deadly mark on you. The rut is just no time to be messing with these bucks when they're on the move to find their girl. Guess this scenario is also unlikely but that's just how my mind thinks sometimes! This comes from someone who has never hit a deer with her car, thankfully! (:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment