Oct 7, 2006

Autumn is here!







Thursday Karter and I took a walk and thankfully I took my camera.



Walking back a bike trail that goes through the woods, I came upon this not-so-friendly snake. Thankfully Karter was walking in the other lane and had gone past it without seeing it. I was looking at the trees and such and walked right up to it without seeing it...I thought snakes usually slither away? Well, guess this one was having a bad day because it struck at me twice! Scared me a little since I didn't see it until it was coming at me. Karter was excited to see it, I was excited to see it slither away. Of course I had to take a picture. A few days before this we saw a snake on a different trail but Karter missed seeing it. When we left for this particular walk, I told him we'd go look for snakes.

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I don't know which pic of Karter I like best. They're all soo good and the sky was such a pretty blue that day.
Hopefully that was just a mean snake and not a poisonous and MEAN snake. Legend has it that Mark's mom hates snakes soo much she'll chop them into a lot of tiny little pieces with a hoe, and then chop on them some more! Gross, but effective pest control.

Shelli said...

We were curious as to what kind of snake it was since I've never had one do that, it tooks similar to the pictures we found of a common garter snake. I hate them but on the farm we don't kill them (they eat mice!) unless they're in the house (have several stories about that).