Yesterday Karter and I had a cute conversation... here it is
Karter: (pointing to the cubboard) "Pink, pink"
Karter: (pointing to the cubboard) "Pink, pink"
me: "huh?" (then start naming things i think he might want) Then I see the Crystal Light Pink Lemonade, so I say "Pink coolaide?"
Karter: "Yea!!!!!!! Pink Coolaide" (he's grinning and clapping)
me: I get a container and allow him to dump in the powder and I get the water and find a big long spoon so he can stir it
Karter: while he's stirring "I'm cooking"
me: "Oh, you're cooking, good job"
Karter: without my prompting takes the spoon out and takes a taste off the spoon and proclaims "Yummy!"
I can see he's taking after Grandpa who also claims he can cook when all he does is make PB&J! (Although Grandpa has made many improvements during the past couple years. )
Today my hours at work were cut and so when I found out a couple days ago I decided I should get some riding in since I didn't have to take care of Karter or work and the weather is perfect. My friend Karen invited me to join her and a group from Genoa Baptist who were going to ride the Kokosing Gap Trail in Mt. Vernon. Thankfully the weather was great, there were no hills and I had great company, otherwise I may not have survived the 27 miles. Over twice what I normally ride, I am already paying for it. Lets just say after the 1 hour 20 minute drive home, I could barely get out of the car.Then I sat more while Charissa cut my hair. So I've spent the last couple hours cleaning and making banana bread and just trying to stay moving so that perhaps I won't be totally stiff in the morning when I get up for church... but now I'm exhausted and think I will watch the movie End of the Spear that we got from the library.
No comments:
Post a Comment