May 21, 2006

Peace & Quiet


I'm not sure the story behind this photo, but as you can see I was not happy, Brooke was, which means she probably made me scream (: Or perhaps I hated mornings as a two year old.

This past week, Karter started saying "Good Morning" when he wakes up. I was in the kitchen one morning when he came quietly out of the bedroom and said "good morning!", which startled me but was very cute.

Peace & Quiet. Since Friday night, I've been home alone. Well, I haven't been home much but it sure is quiet here, not what I'm use to but it's great to be able to not shut every door every time, I can leave books out without someone taking it, ripping it, coloring it, I can spread out my scrapbooking things and not have helping hands not helping, or feet walking on paper and pictures. Yesterday I had the opportunity to help spread mulch on what couldn't have been a more beautiful morning. I went with the mind set of encouraging but instead came away encouraged. When i came home I had just enough time to bike before going to work, and only saw one person in the 8 miles of trails. It was just me, the great weather, the two deer I came upon ready to cross the trail infront of me, and the squirrel that jumped out of nowhere to nearly cause me to wreck. (: What a great weekend, think I'll go enjoy the last hours of quiet.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely love this picture. Your sweet little face all upset, juxtaposed with the smug ornery look on Brooke's face is just too funny! When Brooke gets to do the graduate recognition thing at RBC - you should submit this one for the bulletin board.

Kprince