May 12, 2006

Farm


Again this week I spent two days at my parents farm. It was rainy and overcast but we got a lot done. Our gravel road dead ends at the Gage farm, below where my Great Uncle lives...

and at my parents house.

Front of house. (this porch was full of furniture and stuff shortly after i took this picture.)

Back of house.

Our barn.

The past fews weeks my parents have been doing some home improvements and so I've been going home to help. Wednesday Mom, two other girls, and myself worked all day with the exception of going to church, packing up things and moving them. Thursday the carpet layers came at 7:30am and worked straight through (without even a water break) until 4. Our farm house has very steep stairs, even my foot doesn't fit on the width of the stair. Between those two days we must have made a couple hundred trips up and down those stairs, and thankfully no one fell down them, except my 5 yr old nephew who just slipped at the bottom. After working 14 hours at home yesterday, decided I better head back before it was too late so drove back grubby wearing a bandanna over my hair. When I came in, Karter greeted me with only a scowl. Apparently he didn't like the bandanna because when I leaned over to hug him, he yanked it off my hair and threw it in the corner.

1 comment:

Cavie Family said...

Oh how beautiful. I adore the porch!!