
I found it hard to believe that The Passion of the Christ is 2 years old already. When it first came out, I went and saw it with a friend but I watched it again last night. I happened to see it at the library this week and checked it out because my sister had never seen it. I think it's a good movie because it gives us an idea of how the last hours before the crucifixion may be been. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you watch it at least once (with tissues in hand). The entire film I had twisted gut; most movies are 'just a movie' and the actors really aren't getting hurt, so they aren't hard to watch. However, this movie is based on a true story and knowing that our innocent Jesus did get beat, tortured and crucified makes this movie hard to watch. And how can we really know what it was like over 2000 years ago at the real crucifixion? Mel Gibson and we don't fully know, so we can bet that this movie portrays only a little of what our Savior suffered for us. It's hard to imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment